7.12.2012

blog on


As I read blogs online about cooking, fashion, lifestyle, house decorating, raising children, photography, and travel, I think to myself “I could do this!”  Right, like it’s so simple to open up and put all your thoughts out there for the world to read.  Not only that, but to be witty in the process so as not to bore each passerby as they somehow make it to the end of the internet and stumble upon my blog.   Whoa, did I just say that?!  MY blog?  And so I did.  I am not sure what I am doing, or how this whole blog thing works, but here is my first attempt at opening up to my creative side.  I have always felt as though I was a very creative person…then I went to college, got my bachelors in Microbiology, and got a job at a well known Biotech company and BAM!  Just like that, my creativity was steered in a different direction.  And then there's the internet.  Awww yes, the good ‘ol internet.  There are so many ways to get a hold of information these days.  Take a sweet stroll down internet lane and falter upon blog after blog with all this creativity just exploding out of my computer.  I see all these people with their blogs, how creative the writing is, the fashion and photography, and I begin to second guess myself…second guess if I truly am the creative person I always thought I was.  Plus, after being in a career for 7 years now and in college 4 years before, I feel like my creativity is an oh so distant memory.  A sweet dream that melted away the moment I opened my eyes.  So here I am, blogging away, and I have to admit, so far, I dig this.

No comments:

Post a Comment