7.19.2012

thirty one weeks


  • I’m dying to meet the little one and getting more and more anxious to find out if it’s a boy or a girl that has been cooking inside of me for 7 months!
  • Sean thinks it’s a boy.  Don’t all guys hope for boys?
  • Clothes are becoming a problem.  Would it be awkward if I just ran around without them?...never mind, don’t answer that.  How about a potato sack or a paper bag?
  • The summer heat is starting to get to me.  See above comment.
  • I am lovin’ me some ice water.  A big fat glass of ice water.
  • I find myself grunting a lot and I mean A.LOT.  Bending over, sitting down, standing up.  This better be one of the many things that disappear after Little arrives!  I also wouldn’t be opposed if it went away, oh, like right now.
  • My belly continues to amaze me.  The growth from week to week still surprises me.  The kicks and pokes coming from the inside are so strong that sometimes they wake me up at night.  I love it!  I poke bebe , bebe pokes back...it’s a game we play.
  • I can sleep and sleep and sleep.  It doesn't seem to get old. 
  • I may be getting to the point at which I can't wear my wedding ring, everything is so swollen :(
  • Cankles!  Yes, they have arrived.  Mister Elephant called, he wants his ankles back.
  • I am craving fruits and quiche, not just eggs, but quiche!  Oh, and did I mention ice water?
  • The excitement I see in Sean’s eyes when I catch him out of the corner of my eye, looking at me and my baby belly.  We talk about how excited we are, but that look he has in his eyes says so much more than can be put into words.  And it’s a look only I receive.  Now that’s sumthin’ REAL special! 

As much as it might sound like I am complaining, I am not.  This is an experience unlike any other and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.  Sean and I have grown closer through this entire journey and we just can’t wait to meet the new addition to our growing family!

thirty week bump

1 comment:

  1. You write beautifully and show a side of pregnancy that seems to get lost in mainstream comedy of pregnancy and the aftrmath (the crying, no sleep, projective vomit...wait, is this college?)The private game between you and bebe and Sean's growing excitement and adoration... It's too soon to tell but this may be the beginning of my conversion.

    ReplyDelete