8.24.2012

To-Do's


I am careful to use the words “we’re so busy” because it sounds like I am complaining, and secondly, because we choose to be busy.  We decide to make family and friends a priority.  It’s a choice, and it fulfills us to share these moments and memories with our loved ones. 
Hard to believe it has been nearly a month since I have posted!  But I guess it goes to show that we really have been keeping ourselves busy.  Between the Olympics {yes, I think it’s safe to use the Olympics as an excuse}, maternity photos, baby showers, work, birthing classes, family celebrations and gatherings, and friends having babies, August has gotten away from us.  This also means we are that much closer to meeting Baby Timmins!!!  We are over the moon about it.  With September on the horizon, and Little One due to make an appearance in 4 weeks, give or take, I have been making “to-do” lists like crazy.  My world is a land of sticky notes on the fridge, my phone, the bedside, the kitchen table, pretty much anywhere one will stick.  I am surely driving Sean nuts with my lists.  Fix this, buy that, clean this, organize that.  It’s crunch time.  I am sure we won’t get everything done before Baby arrives, because for one thing, I dream big, and for another, Sean has a different idea about what is necessary to complete before the Babe turns up, like cleaning out the basement?!?!?  Because I am sure the baby will be truly concerned about the state the basement is in upon welcoming him or her home.  Did I mention it is unfinished?  I love you Sean.  I get absolute satisfaction from scratching things off the to-do list and making it shorter and shorter, even if it is in baby steps, and maybe…just maybe, if it includes a few of Sean’s “to-do’s” too. 
As we continue to work away on our never ending To-Do lists this weekend, enjoy a sneak peak from our maternity shoot we took with our dear friends David and Colby at Colby Elizabeth Photography.  Have a great weekend and fill it with just enough busy-ness to make YOU feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment