11.20.2012

smitten


What's not to love?  Little hands, little toes, small smile, tiny nose.  And that sweet tuft of hair on top of his head.  It is difficult to capture all the memories through photos.  And I want to.  I want to hold on to all of this.  Because everyone tells you how quickly they grow up, and I already feel it.  I promise, he has already changed drastically since last week.  

Almost 12 weeks have come and gone and I just can't grasp at the fact that our little baby boy is pushing three months!  I have cherished every moment and every memory thus far, good and bad.  The memory of me hysterical in the middle of the night because I couldn't get Liam to sleep.  I was exhausted and Sean put his hand gently on my shoulder and offered to take him.  He said "go to sleep, I will get him".  A moment I will never forget.  That may be the first time I really realized, I mean REALLY, that Sean was a father.  The memory of the first time Liam smiled at me.  I know we have been getting to know one another from the moment I was blessed with him inside my belly, but it is a smile that melts my heart into a million pieces and it forced me to pause and recognize that he knows who I am.  That feeling is so reassuring, and as a mom you need that reassurance from time to time.  His smile says, "Hey mommy, I love you.  You're the best."  I love this little guy so much.  I am smitten. 








No comments:

Post a Comment