9.25.2013

the birthday boy

This post is a little late, but I am playing a major game of catch up so here goes...


The little man is finally one.  Wait.  The little guy is already one?!  I blinked an eye and my baby turned one!!!  What a year it has been.

This year brought many firsts for us in The Timmins household.  First coos, first giggle, first tooth, first solids, first belly laugh {one of my personal favorites}, first word...

Mister Liam at the age of one.  Liam loves people.  He is the most social 1 year old I have ever met.  He is always talking to people in the grocery store whenever he sees someone that might pause to listen.  And if there are people who don't listen, he just keeps on gabbing until he can catch the attention of someone else.  Anybody else.  So determined to be heard. 

He also loves animals.  And dogs.  I think dogs are possibly an entire new category for him.  Our neighbors next door have two dogs that we often see up on their raised porch from our back patio, and every time we step outside he checks to see if they are there.  And if they are, we hear about it.  He barks.  And he growls.  Liam.  Not the dogs :)  He can growl like no other.  He growls.  And growls.  And laughs so hard when you growl back.  I wish I could just bottle his laugh up and tuck it away to enjoy later. 

He loves to be tickled and chased.  One of his favorite games is to crawl around in mom and dad's bed, roll over and over, and crash into the big fluffy pillows and sheets.  He giggles and always gives a sneaky smirk as if he's saying "come and get me".  

He is wildly curious.  Learning new things every day.  Every minute.  It is so cool to see him take it all in.  And he is so proud of himself when he discovers new tricks.  

And that two toothed smile.  It makes my heart melt.  Like a snow cone on a hot summer day.  And he knows it too.  He already uses it to his advantage.  Smart little cookie.

And then Liam has this side that is so so so incredibly sweet.  He snuggles and kisses and loves on mom and dad all the time.  And even Aunt's and Uncle's, Gramma's and Papas.  He has so much love to give.  He even pauses in play and kisses or gives a snuggle every so often.  He has the biggest heart I have ever known.  How did he learn to love so hard?  Being his momma I would love to take all the credit, but I just can't.  He was gifted with his big heart and I am so thankful to Him for that.  

I love you little man.  You hold my heart in your hand and I am so proud to be your momma.  I can't wait to see what this next year brings.  





 




































2 comments: